Selling the finest Bread & Confectionary throughout Ireland
Open
X

About us.

Kelly’s bakery first opened on North Main Street in 1910, making their business one of the longest-running family operations on the Main Street.

Kelly’s are ‘still as busy as ever’ with their bakery and a staff of 49  in Ardcavan selling its breads and confectionaries ‘all over the country’.   Kelly’s bakery products can be found in all local shops and supermarkets in Wexford, Dublin, Waterford, Kildare, Carlow & Kilkenny

 

Bakery History

Established in 1910 by the late Mr James Kelly, the bakery was one of the longest trading businesses on Wexford’s Main Street. During the Second World War the bakery was forced to close due to a shortage of fuel for the ovens. It was reopened after the war by Mr Sean Kelly, son of James where it continued to trade successfully.

The company has won numerous national awards over the years and prides itself on traditional concepts. It employs a highly skilled and trained workforce many of whom passed through the National Bakery College in Kevin Street Dublin.

Despite these traditional values the company is innovative and adapts well to the ever changing needs of the market place.

In 2000 the bakery moved to a new purpose built bakery premises in Ardcavan Business Park in Wexford, to facilitate our growth and expansion. It is currently managed by the 3rd generation of the Kelly family, with the 4th generation learning the trade in the workplace.